International Yoga Day: If you are physically and mentally healthy, then believe that you are living a wonderful life. However, whoever you ask, he gives some trouble or the other. Some are physically ill, some are leading a stressful life. Yoga is the only way to avoid this situation. Of course, some of you will find it difficult to believe this, but now many scientific types of research have confirmed that yoga is a good option for better health. In this article, we will give all the information about yoga together, which you want to know about:
What is Yoga?
Yoga derived from the Sanskrit word ‘yuj’, which means union of individual consciousness or soul with universal consciousness or spirit. Yoga is a 5000-year-old style of Indian knowledge. However, many consider yoga to be a mere physical exercise, where people twist, twist, stretch and use complex breathing techniques. These are really only the superficial aspects of this profound science revealing the infinite potential of the human mind and soul, the meaning of Yoga is far greater than all these. The full essence of lifestyle has been assimilated into the science of Yoga.
Benefits of Yoga
Yoga benefits you by working on three levels. In this sense, doing yoga is right for everyone.
- In the first phase, it works to fill the energy in the human being making him healthy.
- In the second phase, it affects the mind and thoughts. It is our negative thoughts, which put us in stress, anxiety or mental disorder. Yoga helps us to get out of this chakra.
- By reaching the third and most important stage of yoga, one becomes free from worries. To reach this final stage of yoga requires hard work. Thus the benefits of yoga are found at different levels.
Yoga Affect on Human Life
Physical and mental healing is one of the most known benefits of yoga. It is so powerful and effective because it works on the principles of harmony and integration.
Yoga is a successful treatment option in asthma, diabetes, blood pressure, arthritis, digestive disorders and other diseases, especially where modern science has not been successful in providing treatment to date. Research on the effects of yoga on HIV is currently underway with promising results. According to medical scientists, yoga therapy is successful because of the balance created in the nervous and endocrine systems which directly affects all other systems and organs of the body.
For most people yoga is simply the main means of maintaining health in a stressful society. Yoga reverses the effects of bad habits, such as sitting in a chair all day, using mobile phones excessively, not exercising, having bad eating habits, etc.
Apart from these, yoga also has many spiritual benefits. These are not easy to describe, because you will have to achieve and then feel them by practicing yoga yourself. Yoga benefits each person differently. So definitely adopt yoga and improve your mental, physical, spiritual and spiritual health.
Why is India called the father of Yoga?
If we are talking about International Yoga Day, why not talk about India? Because the history of yoga is in India itself. It is believed that the history of yoga is 27000 years old from today. It is said that in 200 BC Maharishi Patanjali wrote the Yoga Sutras. Yoga is a word derived from Sanskrit, which is why at one time it was limited to people of the Hindu religion only. Maharishi Patanjali also told about Ashtanga Yoga, because of him it was spread all over the world rather than in one religion. Today science also tells the importance of yoga. Today yoga has become an important part of our life whether it is for health or self-peace.
International Yoga Day
Every year the whole world celebrates World Yoga Day on 21st June. But do you know that India has made yoga popular all over the world, World Yoga Day was started in the year 2015 by the Prime Minister of India. Narendra Modi had informed the United Nations about Yoga on 11 December 2014. At the same time, the exercise was intensified from India’s side to give recognition to Yoga across the world. In the end, the members of 193 countries of the United Nations had approved the proposal to celebrate Yoga Day.
Why 21st June was chosen as this day
Responding to a question by a Delhi student, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that many people are questioning why June 21 was chosen as the International Day of Yoga. He said, “Today I reveal this for the first time. The Sun is the largest source of energy on Earth. This day is the longest day in our land. We get the most energy that day. That’s why the day was suggested.”
International Yoga Day Themes
Every year a theme is selected for International Yoga Day and through that theme, people are made aware of yoga.
- International Yoga Day 2020 Theme – Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home
- International Yoga Day 2019 Theme – Climate Action
- International Yoga Day 2018 Theme – Yoga for Peace
- International Yoga Day 2017 Theme – Yoga for Health
- International Yoga Day 2016 Theme – Connect the Youth
- International Yoga Day 2015 Theme – Yoga for Harmony and Peace
International Yoga Day Logo
- It signifies peace and harmony for humanity.
- The joining of both the hands in the ‘Logo’ represents the union of individual consciousness with the universal consciousness.
- The ‘Logo’ signifies a perfect harmony between mind and body, man and nature and a holistic approach to health and wellbeing.
- Green leaves signify nature and the blue color element fire. The brown leaves symbolize the earth.
- The presence of the Sun in the logo signifies a source of energy and inspiration.
Yoga quotes that will make your life more awesome
- “It’s not about being good at something. It’s about being good to yourself.”
- “Inhale the future, exhale the past.”
- “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
- “Letting go is the hardest asana.”
- “The pose begins when you want to leave it.”
- “Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.” — The Bhagavad Gita
- “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.”
- “Be where you are, not where you think you should be.”
- “Just breathe.”
- “The longest journey of any person is the journey inward.”
- International Tea Day: Why May 21 is celebrated as International Tea Day | History of Tea
- What are the symptoms of Yellow Fungus? Know everything about it
- What are the symptoms, remedies, prevention of Black Fungus or Mucormycosis?